TAGET 2050 ESP Schools
About the Schools
TAGET 2050 embraces social business investment philosophy where all investment impinges on society and man, that is all profit gained on investment does not go to the investors but is ploughed back into new human development initiatives impacting society inclusive of all categories of people.
TAGET 2050 ESP High Schools project is envisioned to comprise a model, co-educational boarding school, starting with a modest two streams at each level of Nursery, Primary, Secondary education and entrepreneurship vocational training. All these offerings will serve as preparation of young persons for their self-reliant productive lives and effective participation in national development work and general environmental conservation in all sectors of the national economy.
The school will target, for socially inclusive admission and enrolment, children and young persons from a broad cross-section of the Tanzanian and wider African society targeting those from normal families, children from single-parent families, the disabled, the socially excluded and marginalized, the orphaned, the talented as well as those living with HIV/AIDS and related health conditions. The Tanzanian National curriculum will characterize the content of education at ESP High but it will be improved by the school staff with inputs from best education practices around the world. Teachers at ESP High Schools will embrace the Montessori philosophy of teaching and learning by acting as facilitators of the learning process leaving learners to discover the world through their own creativity and innovativeness and in so doing, identify and nurture talents.
- ESP High Nursery school
This project that will initially comprise two streams of baby classes each of 30 children, two classes of middle classes each of 30 children and two classes of upper nursery classes each of 30 children. The school will have an initial total of 180 children.
- ESP High Primary school
The project that will start in double streams in the same way and numbers as the nursery school. The primary school will, initially have a total of 420 children in the seven-year programme (Grades 1 – 7 ).
- ESP High Ordinary Secondary School
The project which will comprise a four-year cycle. The school will be double streamed each with an equal number of boys and girls giving a total of 240 students for this four year level of schooling.
- ESP High Advanced level secondary school
Project which will initially curter for 180 boys and 180 girls (total 360) in nationally accepted subject combination streams each with 30 students – specifically ECA (Economics, Commerce and Accountancy), EGM (Economics, Geography and Mathematics), KLF (Kiswahili, English and French) and PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics), PGM (Physics, Geography and Mathematics) and PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
- Vocational skills training Project
Will curter for training in critical skills areas needed by the market and will comply with the provisions and conditions of the National Vocational Training Authority (VETA) and the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
For each of the above schools project areas, learners will additionally be provided with opportunities to pursue social studies to enable them understand their civic responsibilities, history, and fabrics of their society on the one hand and basics of science and technology as a means for them to appreciate the roles of science and technology in changing human societies and the people’s living and working styles.
Basic inputs to TAGET 2050 ESP Schools Programme
Each of the schools and entrepreneurship vocational training projects will require such infrastructures and facilities as
- security and surveillance system,
- 6 nursery school classrooms,
- 14 primary school classrooms,
- 8 ordinary level secondary school classrooms,
- 10 classrooms for advanced secondary education, 4 vocational skills training workshops,
- 6 science laboratories (2 Physics, 2 Chemistry, and 2 Biology).
- 3 Computer laboratories, (one for each level of schooling),
- 3 language labs, (one for each level of schooling),
- standard toilet facilities for boys and girls at each level of education,
- staff toilets for each level of education,
- games and sports facilities (one for each level of schooling for football, netball, volleyball, lawn and table tennis),
- a chapel,
- staff houses for management and all project areas,
- 3 libraries – one for each level of schooling (nursery, primary and secondary and vocational training,
- 3 cafeteria – one for each level of schooling (nursery, primary and secondary education and vocational training,
- an all-purpose conference or function hall,
- Multipurpose health facility to serve the whole TAGET 2050 community and its neighbors,
- 6 School buses – two for each level of schooling
- 4 Staff buses – one for each level of schooling and the training wing
Each of the above facilities will need appropriate fittings as well as befitting furniture, benches, fume chambers, chemicals and training and service materials and stores. Each school will also need essential teaching and learning resources eg. projectors and screens, books and teaching aids